Sickle Cell Disease Resources
For further information on Sickle Cell Disease, please use the following resources.
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America
- Sickle Cell Information Center
- National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institute of Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Hemoglobin S Allele, Sickle Cell Disease
- Medline Plus Health Information
- Living Well with Sickle Cell Disease
- Sickle Cell Disease: Tips for Healthy Living
Sickle Cell Disease National News
Did Gene Therapy Cure Sickle Cell Disease?
A number of recent headlines imply a case study just published in the New England Journal of Medicine proves that gene therapy has cured sickle cell disease—a genetic disorder that incurs tremendous pain, suffering and diminished life expectancy. Here, we will unpack the significance of the researchers’ findings.
Topeka Woman First Adult to Be Cured of Sickle Cell Disease in Kansas
Living with a rare disease she assumed there would never be a cure. That was until a year ago, when she found hope and a made history in the state of Kansas.
Get Connected is the 1st national patient-powered registry for those with sickle cell disease and sickle cell trait. This registry serves as a resource hub and case management tool, and is solely controlled by you. Get Connected is free and, follows all HIPPA and Confidentiality laws. Have questions? Click to get the FAQs or to learn more.